Hey there! Im baaack! Well I hope so anyway. Its been a busy year and was challenging to find time to work on my blog. During my last post, my daughter decided she was protesting nap time (the only time I could cook and photograph for the blog) so that put a big damper on things 🙁 She fought those for quite awhile and hasn’t taken scheduled naps since.
Since then we have also welcomed our second baby Owen into the family! He is such a ball of cuteness and we are beyond blessed to have him in our lives. 🙂
I’ve been wanting to get back on here again so I quickly attempted to photograph these mouth watering Strawberry Lemonade Pops I have been making this summer. We all LOVE taking them out by the pool with us, and are absolutely necessary in 100+ degrees!
They are super easy to make and the kids will love helping. All you need is water, sugar, lemon juice and strawberries (or any fruit you prefer!). Just stir the water and sugar together then add in the lemon juice and strawberries. Puree together with an immersion hand blender or regular blender. Pour into your popsicle molds according to the directions or place molds into the freezer until completely frozen. We use our Zoku popsicle maker and love it!! They are done in less than 10 min.
I didn’t add much sugar to these since the fruit brings out its natural sweetness which compliment the tart lemonade. They truly taste like summer and are a healthier, easy and refreshing treat for the whole family. Enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 strawberries, rinsed and tops removed (amount dependent on size and how many you'd like- could also sub for other fruits!)
- In a small bowl or blender, mix together water and sugar until combined.
- Add in lemon juice and strawberries.
- Puree with an immersion hand blender or regular blender.
- Pour into your popsicle molds according to the directions or place molds into the freezer until completely frozen. I use a Zoku popsicle maker and it takes less than 10 min.