I just found out that August 3rd was National Watermelon Day. So in honor, Happy Belated Watermelon Day!! And here is a tasty recipe for you!
At this time of the year, anything COLD sounds amazing! However if you are tired of your same old strawberry banana smoothie, you must try a watermelon mojito smoothie. It is so delicious and refreshing. Perfect for these long Arizona summer days and a great way to use up all the extra watermelon you’re tired of eating. It even tastes like summer time! Just throw a bunch of cubed watermelon in the freezer and you can whip up this smoothie in no time. I imagine it would also be tasty made into an adult beverage 😉
Watermelon is not only very hydrating; it contains a high amount of the antioxidant lycopene, as do tomatoes and grapefruit, which is important for cardiovascular health and cancer prevention. Other nutrients watermelon contains are vitamin A, B6, C, and potassium. So drink on up!
- 1.5 c. Cubed frozen watermelon
- 3-5 oz water (depending how on thick you want it)
- 1 tbsp or less of honey (optional)
- 1 juiced lime
- 4-5 mint sprigs
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Garnish with mint if you want to make it pretty!
- *The watermelon doesn't have to be frozen but it makes it a lot colder and more slushy like. Try blending with ice cubes if you need to use fresh watermelon.
- *If you're wanting to lower the sugar content, don't sweeten with honey and save about 16 g sugar