These crispy zucchini boats are topped with garlic, cheese, tomatoes and basil, and then baked until golden and bubbling with cheesy goodness. They would make an excellent side dish, snack or appetizer. I just ♥ them because they are so easy and have the flavors of a pizza or garlic toast, without the bread!
You’ll likely have all of these ingredients in your kitchen already, so this makes a quick veggie side dish to whip up real quick! It bet it would taste amazing to even put a little pizza sauce on there too or any other toppings you may have.
I have not been able to serve these to our little one yet, since she has only so many teeth right now. haha Although, I imagine it might be a fun way to get your kiddos to get more veggies by having them make their own zucchini boats with their favorite toppings!
Here’s the recipe…..
- 3 zucchini
- Olive oil, enough to brush on the boats
- 1-2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 15 grape tomatoes, halved
- Bread crumbs
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Chopped fresh or dried basil, enough to sprinkle on top
- Parmesan cheese, enough to sprinkle on top
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise. If necessary, trim a little off the bottom so it will sit still in a baking dish.
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the center where the seeds are to make a little groove in the zucchini boats.
- Place zucchini in a baking dish and brush the boats with olive oil, spread the minced garlic and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the halved tomatoes on the boats and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn on the broiler, place mozzarella and basil in between the tomatoes, and put them back in the oven to broil for a few minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.